- Nominees must have made a historical contribution and had an impact and overall influence on Blues Music in the Sacramento region as a volunteer for 10 or more years as determined by the Board of Directors
- Nominees are not required to be a member of The Sacramento Blues Society.
- All nominations will be accepted.
- No one may nominate themselves or their own "work".
- Board Members and Committee Members can be nominated.
- Nominations can be submitted year-round, but only nominations received by August 31th of the current year will be considered for the award presented at the Annual Holiday Party.
- The Board will review nominations at its September meeting and select the awardee.
- Once the Board approves the nominee, the President will contact nominee to verify participation.
- If the Nomination is refused for any reason, the board will accept the reason and move on to the next qualified Nominee who will also require Board Approval.
- The President will then prepare and send a congratulatory letter to the inductee.
- The President will prepare the plaque to be presented at the Annual Holiday Party.
Policy Review: This policy shall be subject to an annual review by the Board to ensure that the voting process remains fair and consistent with the Mission Statement. The selection shall be conducted in closed Board meetings and no public explanation of the specific deliberations is required nor shall be given.
2016 - Valerie Jean Anderson
2017 - Cynthia Jaynes
2018 - Daniel Hernandez
2019 - David Alcock
2021 - Liz Walker & Bobbie Armstrong